Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Now This Is The Story...

...all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.

I haven't posted for awhile, but if you tend to read this blog, here is a quick update:

Bear in mind, this is all qualified by "Lord willing", so please pray for guidance for me.

I'm two weeks away from completing the Journeyman application. This gets me into the May 10-14 IMB interview conference and then orientation July 27-September 24. I hope to make one last visit to Liberty University in Virginia and Southeastern Seminary in North Carolina before leaving for my 2 years overseas. At the present moment I'm praying for direction concerning three jobs that interest me:
1. Meknes, North Africa as a church planter
2. Leh, India as a wilderness first responder
3. Sa'ana, Middle East as a backpacking tribal researcher

I hope to return to seminary for the spring 2012 semester as a 25-year-old with a ton more experience. And where I'll go from there is too far into the future for me to really make any claims, but I would like to get my masters and a doctorate before returning overseas.

The most important part of my next two years of ministry will be the prayer support of fellow believers. If you'd be interested in praying for me and receiving updates, feel free to email me and I'll add you to my list. James writes that the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective.

Finally, I'll be starting a new blog. It'll probably be a food blog where I catalog dishes that I learn to make overseas. I'll still ponder life and write here and there about theology or philosophy, but the terminology will have to be extremely watered down in order to preserve my cover as a Christian worker in a restricted access area.

1 comment:

-JT- said...

Of course, i'll be there for you.